Boise Wrongful Death Attorney
Compassionate Legal Advocacy in Challenging Times
Losing a loved one is never easy, but when that death is the result of another person or company's negligence, the pain can be overwhelming. Aaron Hooper, Attorney at Law, P.C. are here to help you through this difficult time. Our team of compassionate, knowledgeable wrongful death lawyers in Boise, ID can guide you through the legal process and fight to hold negligent parties accountable for the harm they have caused your family.
Wrongful Death Laws in Idaho
In Idaho, wrongful death is a legal concept that allows certain individuals to seek compensation when a person's death is caused by the wrongful act, neglect, or default of another party. The purpose of wrongful death laws is to provide financial support and compensation to the surviving family members who have suffered as a result of the death.
In a wrongful death case in Idaho, the plaintiff must prove the following elements to succeed:
- Duty of Care: The plaintiff (the personal representative of the deceased person's estate) must demonstrate that the defendant owed a duty of care to the deceased person. This duty typically arises when there is a legal obligation to act reasonably and responsibly to prevent harm to others.
- Breach of Duty: The plaintiff needs to show that the defendant breached their duty of care owed to the deceased person. This means the defendant's actions (or lack of action) fell short of the expected standard of care.
- Causation: The plaintiff must establish a causal connection between the defendant's breach of duty and the death of the individual. It must be shown that the defendant's actions or negligence directly led to the fatal incident.
- Death of the Individual: The plaintiff must prove that the person in question died as a result of the defendant's wrongful act, neglect, or default. Evidence such as medical records, autopsy reports, or witness testimony may be presented to support this element.
- Damages: The plaintiff needs to demonstrate the losses suffered by the surviving family members as a result of the individual's death. These damages can include economic losses such as medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and loss of financial support. Non-economic damages like loss of companionship, mental anguish, and pain and suffering may also be sought.
In Idaho, a wrongful death claim can be filed by the personal representative of the deceased person's estate on behalf of the surviving family members. The personal representative is typically appointed in the deceased person's will or by the court.
There is a time limit for filing a wrongful death lawsuit in Idaho. Generally, the claim must be filed within two years from the date of the person's death. It's important to consult with an attorney to understand the specific deadlines and exceptions that may apply in your case.
Recovering Damages in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The death of a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences a person can go through. When this death is caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you may want to seek justice. At the Aaron Hooper, Attorney at Law, P.C., our wrongful death attorneys can represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit. We know how to effectively pursue compensation for your loss and can help you move forward.
Our Boise wrongful death attorneys can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical bills associated with your loved one's final illness or injury
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of inheritance
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
We know how to effectively pursue compensation for your loss and can help you move forward.
Our Firm Can Help You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
At the Aaron Hooper, Attorney at Law, P.C., our Boise wrongful death attorneys are prepared to help you navigate the legal system. We know how to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and work with experts to build the strongest case possible. We know how to effectively negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial.
If you have lost a loved one due to another person or company's negligence, contact our wrongful death attorneys at the Aaron Hooper, Attorney at Law, P.C. We can help you understand your options and can represent you in court.
Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Boise Handles
Personal injury cases are intricate. Establishing fault and pursuing maximum compensation requires the ability to assess the facts and uncover what happened. In some situations, experts are needed to get a complete picture of the incident. Additionally, it is necessary to have a firm grasp of the law to file a successful claim or lawsuit.
Because of everything involved in a personal injury case, it is beneficial to have an experienced attorney helping you through yours. They can take care of the paperwork and legalities, ensuring that everything is submitted on time and your voice is heard.
Our Boise personal injury lawyer provides legal representation for victims of:
- Car accidents: Negligent acts, such as distracted driving or failing to obey traffic laws, can lead to automobile collisions.
- Motorcycle accidents: Because bikers are not protected by metal structures like occupants of passenger vehicles, these crashes can result in severe injuries requiring extensive and expensive medical care.
- Slips and falls: If a property owner fails to address or fix, within a reasonable time, a known hazardous condition on their premises, they could be liable to damages visitors sustained.
At Hooper Law Offices, we will deliver compassionate guidance throughout your case. We will clearly explain the personal injury process, review your rights, and discuss your options for pursuing compensation. Recognizing the importance of communication during such critical times, our attorney will also keep you updated on the status of your case and will address your concerns promptly.