in Boise ID
Drugs, which are also referred to as controlled substances or narcotics, can only be manufactured by companies or individuals that have been officially licensed at the state or federal level. Legal issues surrounding drug manufacturing most frequently come up in cases involving homegrown marijuana or methamphetamine production. Technically, however, they are applicable in all situations involving the making of controlled substances.
If you are facing drug-related charges in Idaho, choosing the right drug manufacturing defense lawyer in Boise ID is essential. The skill, commitment, and expertise of your lawyer can make a big difference in mounting a successful defense. Felony charges such as manufacturing or attempting to manufacture methamphetamine can have a major impact on your future. Being convicted of drug manufacturing can result in a life sentence.
Reach out to the criminal defense lawyers here at Hooper Law right away to talk about your case. Setting up a free consultation will allow us to evaluate the circumstances of your case so that we can advise you as to your legal options. We have previous experience dealing with drug cases. In many cases, we were able to get reduced sentences, acquittals, or dismissals for our clients.
Best Criminal Defense EVER! Knowledgeable, Dependable, Professional, and Caring. Aaron exceeded all of my expectations and was a true blessing.Former Client
TYPES OF Drug Crimes CASES WE HANDLE
What Is the Definition of “Manufacturing” in
In drug-related cases, the term “manufacture” is defined as:
- the “production, preparation, provocation, compounding, conversion or processing of controlled substance, and includes extraction, directly or indirectly, from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container.”
However, there are certain individuals allowed by law. For example, the term “manufacture” does not apply to the compounding or preparation of controlled substances in these situations:
- When controlled substances are dispensed or administered by practitioners as a part of their professional practice.
- For teaching, research purposes, or chemical analysis by a practitioner or his authorized agent, only when done under his supervision.
What Are Defenses Against Felony Drug Manufacturing Charges?
Crimes involving cultivating, manufacturing, or trafficking drugs all carry severe penalties. In cases like these, it may be prudent to fight back against the charges by going to trial. With previous litigation experience, our lawyers will go to bat for you in the courtroom. They will carefully analyze every detail included in your arrest record as well as the investigation conducted by the police.
- When the police or drug enforcement agency entered your property, was the entry legal? For instance, did they have a search warrant that was valid?
- Did the charges rely on information from a confidential informant? If so, their underlying motives can be brought into question in the courtroom.
- Were you actively involved in growing marijuana or operating the meth lab? Did you have an ownership interest?
How Are Federal Manufacturing Charges Determined?
From a legal standpoint, drug manufacturing offenses take place when an individual or a number of people acting together either attempt to produce or successfully produce controlled substances or illicit drugs, examples of which include LSD, methamphetamine, heroin, or cocaine.
It is against the law to manufacture or distribute drugs like these in all 50 states. In some situations, however, drug manufacturing cases are classified as federal offenses. Some of the factors that come into play when determining whether the charges will be brought at the state or federal level include the total volume of drugs that were produced, where the manufacturing process occurred, whether the drugs were manufactured as part of a larger drug operation and whether the accused individual has previously been convicted of a crime at the federal level.
Federal drug manufacturing charges have much stiffer penalties than state charges. Federal crimes like these can be filed against defendants who participate in any part of the drug production process. That includes individuals who provide equipment or chemicals that are used for manufacturing controlled substances or illicit drugs, as well as those who own the facilities where the drugs are made. Individuals who offer to assist with manufacturing drugs for someone else can also face federal drug manufacturing charges.
Protect Your Future with a Drug Manufacturing Defense Lawyer in Boise ID
At Hooper Law Offices, we always try to find a way to fight back against the charges. We also advise our clients to take actions that may result in leniency from the court. Ultimately, you are in control of how your case proceeds. If you hire us, we will always be honest and we will fight to provide you with the best representation possible.
Defending aggressively against drug charges is one of the primary focuses of our legal practice. When you reach out to our Boise drug crime attorneys, you can trust that we will always be honest with you about your case and that we will do everything in our power to ensure that your rights are protected.
Why People Choose to Work With UsStrategic & Experienced Legal Defense
- Available 24/7 for Your Legal Needs
- Quality Representation from Start to Finish
- Spanish-Speaking Services Available
- Experienced Former Prosecutor